Check Point Hands-On GAiA Configuration
This course is designed to provide the best possible five-day intensive hands-on training in the installation, configuration, upgrading and debugging of Check Point Firewall-1/VPN and associated products.
Students completing this course will be able to:
- Understand GAiA technology and the improvements over SecurePlatform and IPSO
- Install and upgrade the Check Point GAiA operating system.
- Configure GAiA to maximize both performance and security.
- Use the GAiA Web and GUI interfaces.
- Prepare for GAiA disaster recovery
This course is designed to provide the best possible two-day intensive hands-on training in the installation, upgrading and configuration of the Check Point GAiA operating system.
- GAiA Technology / What’s New
- GAiA Installation
- Upgrading to GAiA
- GAiA Web Interface
- GAiA CLI Interface
- Configuring GAiA for Maximum Performance and Security
- GAiA Disaster Recovery
- Advanced Configuration and Testing Workshop
We use a custom-built lab configuration. Each student gets two computers:
- Security Management Workstation (a physical machine, Windows 7 32-bit Ultimate)
- Network DMZ/Network Monitoring Workstation with web server, ftp server, mail server, telnet server, ping server and sophisticated network monitoring software (a physical machine, Windows 7 32-bit Ultimate)
- Primary Check Point Security Management Server with full Enterprise license enabling all features (on SecurePlatform in a VM)
- Check Point Security Gateway (on SecurePlatform in a VM)
- Second Check Point Security Gateway for clustering (on SecurePlatform in a VM)
The student should be comfortable with configuring a Check Point Firewall-1 firewall.
While this course is not specifically designed to prepare you to pass the Check Point CCSA and CCSE certification exams, it provides a solid foundation for further study leading to these industry-recognized certifications
Duration: 2 Days
Cost: 1 800,00 € (Including course, hand-outs & lunch, excl. VAT)