Check Point Hands-On IPS Configuration and Testing
This course is designed to provide the best possible five-day intensive hands-on training in the installation, configuration, upgrading and debugging of Check Point Firewall-1/VPN and associated products.
Students completing this course will be able to:
- Understand the underlying technology in the Check Point IPS Software Blade.
- Understand all four types of protections, in detail.
- Intelligently balance security and performance goals while configuring protections.
- Configure IPS profiles and apply them to Security Gateways.
- Validate IPS configurations using Nmap and Nessus.
- Configure network exceptions.
- Update IPS protections on an ongoing basis.
This course is designed to provide the best possible two-day intensive hands-on training in the configuration, upgrading and debugging of the Check Point Firewall-1 IPS software blade.
- IPS Technology Overview
- Four Types of Protection
- Balancing Security and Performance While Configuring Protections
- IPS Profiles and Gateways
- IPS Validation Through Nmap and Nessus
- Network Exceptions
- Software Blade Licensing
- Updating IPS Protections
- Advanced Configuration and Validation Lab/Workshop
We use a custom-built lab configuration. Each student gets two computers:
- Security Management Workstation (a physical machine, Windows 7 32-bit Ultimate)
- Network DMZ/Network Monitoring Workstation with web server, ftp server, mail server, telnet server, ping server and sophisticated network monitoring software (a physical machine, Windows 7 32-bit Ultimate)
- Primary Check Point Security Management Server with full Enterprise license enabling all features (on SecurePlatform in a VM)
- Check Point Security Gateway (on SecurePlatform in a VM)
- Second Check Point Security Gateway for clustering (on SecurePlatform in a VM)
The student should be comfortable with configuring a Check Point Firewall-1 firewall.
While this course is not specifically designed to prepare you to pass the Check Point CCSA and CCSE certification exams, it provides a solid foundation for further study leading to these industry-recognized certifications.
Duration: 2 Days
Cost: 1 800,00 € (Including course, hand-outs & lunch, excl. VAT)