Extreme Networks – NetSight Boot Camp
Students will be introduced to Network Management and Visibility using the Extreme Networks Management tool, NetSight, for managing network devices. Using the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) Network Management Model (NMM), students have these concepts reinforced with a handson lab experience working with a pre-con gured network. Students will perform real world tasks around the areas of con guration, fault, performance, accounting, and security management functions.
NetSight Boot Camp is targeted for users that have a strong background in networking as well as existing experience with Extreme Networks’ products, and now require a more detailed level of knowledge of operation and management of their environment using the NetSight Management application. Networks WLAN domain.
- Use NetSight OneView to help identity each device and its connections and components, such as software, image and bootrom version. In addition, students will also collect configurations, tracking con guration changes and the restoration of con gurations as a result of hardware replacement or failures using tools such as Inventory Manager and scripting.
- Use SNMP traps, and Alarms configuration to help detect, identify and log faults, and notify users of issues on the network to avoid unnecessary downtime or network degradation on the network and loss of data.
- Identify and monitor the network, i.e. throughput, utilization, error rates or network heath using the OneView Alarms based on Threshold rates. This subject will also touch on the use of Quality of Service (QoS), and Class of Service (CoS) as means of controlling traffic.
- An overview of how to gather usage statistics of end-systems and end-users on the network which will allow for identification of current usage, trends, and behavior on the network in order to optimize the network using OneView Identity and Access, Wireless Reporting and Purview.
- An overview and discussion of the tools that can be used to control authorization and access to assets in the network and to protect sensitive data, including performing actual application identi cation on the network and mapping these applications. Students will examine how NAC or Identity Management can identify an end-system on the network to help with the mapping of the Policy Role in conjunction with authentication of the device on the network.
- ECE-Networking Certification
- ECE-Identity Access Control Certification
- ECE-Wired Certification
- ECE-Wireless Certification
This prepares you for the ECS-NetSight certification. Students may take Extreme Networks Technical Certification exams at any of our regional offices or Authorized Training Partners (ATP) locations.
Duration: 4 Days
Cost: 3 000,00 € (Including course, hand-outs & lunch, excl. VAT)