F5 Configuring Local Traffic Manager (LTM)
This three-day course gives networking professionals a functional understanding of the BIG-IP LTM system as it is commonly used, as well as an in-depth understanding of advanced features. The course covers installation, configuration, and management of BIG-IP LTM systems. This hands-on course includes lectures, labs, and discussions.
Note: This three-day course replaces the previous four-day version. Several topics from the four-day course have been moved to the prerequisite Administering BIG-IP V11 Instructor-led course. See Prerequisites below.
This course is intended for system and network administrators responsible for installation, setup, configuration, and administration of the BIG-IP LTM system.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Installation and Licensing
- Load Balancing
- Highly Availability
- Non Load Balancing Virtual Servers
- NATs and SNATs
- Selected topics such as IPv6 and Route Domains
By the end of this course, the student should be able to setup an initial configuration and build many common and advanced configurations of BIG-IP LTM systems using either the Graphical User Interface or Command Line utilities. In addition, the student should be able to monitor and manage common tasks concerning traffic processed by a BIG-IP LTM system.
Students should understand:
- Administering BIG-IP V11 Instructor-led course
- BIG-IP Lcoal Traffic Manager (LTM) Essentials course
- Achieve F5 Certified BIG-IP Administrator certification
In addition, it helps if students are familiar with:
- Common network terminology
- TCP/IP addressing and routing
- Command Line Configuration
- Command Line Access (DOS or UNIX)
- Common elements of WAN and LAN environments
- Data Center Server redundancy concepts
In addition, students should be proficient in:
- Linux File System
- pico editor or vi editor
- TCPDUMP tool
After joining our class the student is ready to sign up for the TMOS Administration exam number 201 en LTM exam 301B at a Prometric Pearson Vue Centre.
Duration: 3 Days
Cost: 3 500,00 € (Including course, hand-outs & lunch, excl. VAT)