FORTINET – NSE 4 – FCNSP 301 – Multi-Threat Security Systems II – FortiGate Training
In this 3-day instructor-led classroom or online class, which follows Fortinet Multi-Threat Security Systems I, you will learn a selection of advanced FortiGate networking and security features.
Topics include features commonly used in complex or larger enterprise/MSSP networks, such as dynamic routing, transparent mode, redundant infrastructure, security-as-a-service (SaaS), advanced IPSec VPN, IPS, SSO, certificates, data leak prevention, diagnostics, and fine-tuning performance.
Networking and security professionals involved in the design, implementation, and administration of a security infrastructure using FortiGate appliances.
This course assumes knowledge of basic yet FortiGate-specific fundamentals. As a result, if you know about firewalls, but are new to Fortinet, we do not recommend that you skip Fortinet Multi-Threat Security Systems I.
This course include:
- Module 11 Routing
- Module 12 Virtual Networking
- Module 13 Transparent Mode
- Module 14 High Availability
- Module 15 Advanced IPsec VPN
- Module 16 IPS
- Module 17 FSSO
- Module 18 Certificate Operations
- Module 19 DLP
- Module 20 Diagnostics
- Module 21 Hardware Acceleration
- Module 22 Putting It All together
After completing these courses, you will be able to:
- Deploy FortiGate devices as an HA cluster for fault-tolerance & high performance
- Inspect traffic transparently at Layer 2
- Route packets using dynamic routing protocols, policy-based, or static routes
- Connect virtual domains (VDOMs) without packets leaving FortiGate
- Implement a meshed / partially redundant VPN
- Diagnose failed IKE exchanges
- Fight hacking & denial of service (DoS) with IPS and DoS policies
- Diagnose IPS engine performance issues
- Offer Fortinet Single Sign On (FSSO) access to network services, integrated with Microsoft Active Directory
- Inspect SSL/TLS-secured traffic to prevent encryption used to bypass security policies
- Understand encryption functions and certificates
- Defend against data leaks by identifying files with sensitive data, and blocking them from leaving your private network
- Diagnose and correct common problems
- Optimize performance by configuring to leverage ASIC acceleration chips, such as CP or NPs, instead of only the CPU resources
- Knowledge of OSI layers
- Good knowledge of firewalling concepts in an IPv4 network
- Familiarity with all topics presented in the prerequisite Fortinet Multi-Threat Security Systems I course
This prepares you for the NSE 4 certification. NSE 4 Certification exams are offered at Pearson Vue test centers worldwide.
Duration: 3 Days
Cost: 2 190,00 € (Including course, hand-outs & lunch, excl. VAT)